TITLE: Technology Specialist – Level I
GROUP: Information Technology
REPORTS TO: Director, Information Technology
Reporting to the Director, Information Technology, the Technology Specialist provides technical assistance to EA’s staff and customers, as well as system-level support for the company’s production, development and server and network capacity requirements.
SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
Our technical environment includes a Windows TCP/IP based network, which includes desktops, laptops, servers, Windows Failover Clusters, a variety of mobile devices, and high speed internet, including switches, routers and firewalls. We run two data centers: a lights out computing environment for our Web-facing applications and an office data center, for crunching data.
To effectively fulfill the responsibilities of this position, the candidate/employee must be able to do the following:
- Provide system level support for both our production and development environments
- Provide technical assistance to both Environics’ staff and customers
- Troubleshoot and resolve technical issues
- Manage Software and Hardware upgrades
- Administer Anti-virus/-malware software
- Participate in security and access auditing
- Assist in network and server capacity planning and provide recommendations for solutions, to overcome capacity constraints
- Participate in planning for, and execution of, system/network level software installations and updates
- Participate on user-needs panels
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIRED SKILLS:
- Education - Must have a BA/BSc in computer science, mathematics or equivalent
- Technical Skills & Experience - Must have experience and knowledge of the following:
- Windows 2008/2012 Server, Windows desktops, TCP/IP
- Familiarity with computer hardware and ability to customize and refurbish workstations and laptops using component parts
- Good scripting and programming skills would be an asset
- Excellent English language skills – both written and verbal – are a requirement
- Analytical Skills – Effectively researches and synthesizes complex or diverse information; uses intuition and experience to complement data and designs work flows and procedures.
- Judgment - Displays willingness to make timely decisions, including appropriate people in the decision-making process and exhibits sound and accurate judgment; supports and explains reasoning for decisions.
- Planning/Organizing - Prioritizes and plans work activities effectively.
- Teamwork - Balances team and individual responsibilities; Exhibits objectivity and openness to others' views, giving and welcoming feedback. Puts success of team above own interests and demonstrates ability to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives. Supports everyone's efforts to succeed.
- Innovation - Displays original thinking and creativity and meets challenges with resourcefulness. Generates suggestions for improving work. Presents ideas and information in a manner that gets others' agreement.
- Skills Development – Demonstrates willingness and ability to continuously acquire new technical skills and adapt to emerging technologies and practices.
- Communication Skills – Able to clearly communicate ideas and expectations. Effectively listens for understanding and asks questions for clarification. Presents ideas effectively in both verbal and written form.
- Interpersonal Skills – Approachable and easy to talk to. Relates well to all kinds of people in the organization. Able to effectively build rapport with others. Uses diplomacy and tact. Maintains composure and shows an ability to resolve conflicts and gain agreement.
Please click here to apply to this position.